"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others." Ayn Rand

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Been a While

A few weeks ago, I went for a liver biopsy. Got the results. They weren't good.

While my doctor and I were concentrating on getting my Crohn's Disease under control, my Hepatitis C has been slowly damaging my liver. I have fibroids in 3/4 of my liver. Dr. R. is going to put me on Interfeuron for 48 weeks; it is successful in 45% of patients. I really hope that I'm in that 45 percentile group!

Richard and I spent the last weekend just being together...we seemed to be in a kind of mourning. We just sat quietly, and tried to put our heads together to see how we can handle this financially.

We've got a hurdle to cross, and it's a fairly big one. I have no prescription coverage from Medicare right now, and Richard's company dropped us as a family last January; when we went to get new, individual coverage (not as part of a group) we came to a wall that we couldn't get over...nobody will insure me due to the fact that I'm so sick.

This Pegasys drug that I'm supposed to start costs $750 per week. We're already laying out almost $500 per month for my crohn's meds.

Richard is going to be going on a service call with the CEO of his company, and is planning on leveling with him about our situation. Supposedly he is moving to Delaware, and maybe he's going to move the whole company closer, therefore maybe we could get group coverage again. Or something. Poor Richard, he's got so much on his shoulders right now. I feel so awful putting more of a burden on him.

I've sent in my resume for two jobs, one with Salisbury County and the other with Salisbury City. They have great benefits.

I've worked when I've been sick before, I can do it again. (I did it as a single mom for years!)

Please say a prayer for us if you're inclined to. We need all the grace we can get right now.

Sorry for bitching.....


Sorry, I'm venting.