"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others." Ayn Rand

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Insomnia.

Been forever since I've updated...and I've kind of been putting it off because it has been such a long time....kind of like going to confession when I was young. At some points, I'd think that I'd just be in there most of the day, so it was easier to not go.

However, my niece Katie has a blog, and she uses bullet points to say what she wants to say. I'm totally going to steal her idea; it doesn't seem so daunting that way.

  • I've got a bit of insomnia tonight, which is odd. I was so tired when I got home from Smyrna, I thought I'd be asleep within minutes. That was about four hours ago. Sigh.
  • We're moving along on the Smyrna house, albeit not as fast as we'd like. For about a week, it was kind of like peeling an onion. Take up one piece of wood, and we'd find that underneath it needed fixing. It just makes everything take that much longer.
  • We've had the truck for about 2 weeks now, and the other day it started making a noise I've never heard in a car before. With a sense of foreboding, I took it in to Daves. Continuing it's reputation, the truck now needs a new transmission for $2800. We're trying to decide whether or not it's stupid to keep throwing good money after bad. It's Murphy's Law, this being a time we REALLY need a truck. Oh well, we'll figure something out.
  • While I'm typing this, the Real Housewives of DC is on; these people are awful and making me mad just by being on the tv. I loved the housewives of Orange County, New Jersey and even Atlanta. These people are just....stupid.
  • Mr. Anthony is now 84 pounds; a very large boy. He's become a little bit sensitive lately; we were in Lowes in Dover yesterday, and they had an animated halloween witch on display. It scared him (it was motion activated) and he started to bark at it. So we're going to stop there again tomorrow, and each day that we go by. He's also being challenged by dog distraction....only a few months to go now, and I don't want to send him without addressing both of these things. Other than that, he's a big giant joy in my life who still makes me laugh today as much as he did when he was a puppy.
  • Richard is settling in with the new job, and this week he finally sounded like he was happy about it; up until now, he's been struggling with trying to catch up after the (TMI) move, learning to do everything a different way, and assimilate to being "upper management". We went and had lunch with him this week (Anthony and I) and Richard was pleased as punch.
  • Everybody has new jobs (except me, LOL) and I'll fill you in on them next time. It's all so good. Lots to tell, but I'm getting sleepy and I'm going to take advantage of it!