"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others." Ayn Rand

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Flooring in the 'Bury

Stayed in the southernmost house today to work on the flooring, and, if I don't say so myself, kicked butt. Got lots done (the hardest parts of the whole project actually, where all three rooms come together and meld into one...very...long...row....that all has to fit together. I won't say that there wasn't some blue language and frustration, but all in all, I'm pretty happy with my progress today.

Convinced Richard to take the night off from Smyrna also; he didn't sleep much last night and since I have all the power tools in my car (we won't leave anything in the house until we're living there since the robbery), he was kind of forced to take the night off, which is a good thing. A little reading and rest will do him good.

Tomorrow is shaping up to be a busy day; Smyrna in the a.m. for some insulation work, then pick up my father-in-law for his follow-up appointment at the doctor (I'm counting on all good news!). After that, I'll pick up Anthony at home and head to Milford; we start our next pre-puppy class tomorrow night at 6 p.m. We've got five new families taking classes to get pups; that will run for two hours, and then we'll have class right after at 8 p.m. Wednesday the bathtub refinisher guy is coming to schedule our master bath reglaze, then Mom and I will motor over to BJ's for a little retail therapy. Then I'll meet Richard in Smyrna for a few hours of work.

I'm praying this rain will end soon; it's starting to affect my mood. So gray and drizzly and cold! I actually contemplated putting the heat on today. But I resisted. This is why you need a gas fireplace...perfect for days like this.

On an interesting note, I took our truck to the dump today to get rid of garbage. We only have first and second gear in it now. I just shook my head. For now, we'll just use it for trash hauling. Very slow trips to the dump LOL.

Calling tomorrow to schedule the move of the Pod...finally feeling like this adventure will be ending at some point....getting excited about finally having Smyrna feeling like a home instead of a stick frame structure. But we're probably going to be staying there for a good while, and we want to make it a home for us. We may never leave it (we both HATE moving)...we've met a lot of the neighbors and we like them...so far, it's been a huge improvement over our neighborhood in Salisbury. Much less unfriendly...although the way it's been in Salisbury lately, everyone is just afraid to come out of their houses.

Going to try and get some sleep now, it's almost 1 a.m. and I need to be up early. Good night!