"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others." Ayn Rand

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

November 4, 2008 Plus One

Aren't you glad it's over? I am. I'm tired of the uncertainty. I'm tired of the accusations, the finger pointing, the half-truths from all sides.

Barak Obama is now my president, and as I hope that others will have respect for the office and the person who occupies it, I will do the same. In 1998, I shook Al Gore's hand, and although I disagreed heartily with his political views and his ecological opinions (and the claims he made about the internet and "Love Story"), I was tickled pink to be shaking the hand of the Vice President of the United States. I don't agree with the policies of this administration, but I pray that we will all be able to work together to bring ths country back together again. I am thrilled that America has elected it's first african-american president; I'd be happier if he were a conservative. Obama has shattered a ceiling, and I'm hoping that his journey will be an encouragement to young people all over, of all races, to pursue education, work hard, and you can achieve wonderful things. I do wish that his grandmother had lived to see him elected.

The republicans had a wake up call in 2006, and chose to ignore it. They promised change, but did not deliver. We, their constituents, let them get away with it. We're all a party to our loss last night. As I told both Max and Maggie, if you don't like it, get involved in the next one and do something about it.

I hope that God does bless America. We need it.

As for me, I'm going to turn the tv off for awhile. Need a break from politics.