Remember that commercial where the dog took the polaroid picture of the cat going into the garbage? The dog had been getting blamed while the cat had been doing the deed.
Dog Credited With Saving Family From House Fire That Fire Marshal Believes Was Started By Cat
GREENVILLE, Maine, Oct. 10, 2007
(AP) Thumper, a black Labrador retriever, is getting credit for saving a Greenville man when a fire swept through his home.
Roland Cote says his wife and their 7-year-old grandson were away when the blaze started early Sunday in a converted two-story garage. He says Thumper grabbed him by the arm to wake him, leaving just enough time for him to dial 911 before fleeing the fast-moving fire.
While the dog is the hero, a cat is the bad guy in this story.
Cote says the fire marshal investigator believes the blaze was started when Princess, the family cat, tipped over a kerosene lantern. Cote says he and his pets escaped safely, but he says Princess did get her tail singed by the flames.